K.B. Family Dental
Kainaz Byramjee, DDS, MS
Dentist located in Renton, WA
By nature, teeth aren't pearly white, and that becomes evident with age. Stains also result from consuming certain foods and beverages. But with Dr. Kainaz Byramjee's help at K.B. Family Dental in Renton, Washington, you can have a more radiant smile, regardless of your age or stage of life. Whether you're concerned about intrinsic yellowing or extrinsic stains, call or click today to book an appointment at K.B. Family Dental in Renton, Washington for prompt and personalized service.
Teeth Whitening Q & A
Why do teeth become yellow?
Your teeth can lose brightness for several reasons, including:
- Food and Drink: Especially coffee, tea, and red wine
- Tobacco: Culprits include tar and nicotine
- Age: Outer enamel thins and yellows as you age
- Trauma: Hits to your mouth change color as a reaction to injury
- Medications: Antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medications, as well as tetracycline, doxycycline, chemotherapy, and radiation
How does teeth whitening work?
Teeth whitening is any process that makes your teeth appear whiter. Several products are available for this purpose, but they make your teeth white in different ways. Narrowly speaking, there are two ways to make your teeth whiter:
- Bleaching: changes the natural color of your teeth through the use of peroxide to help remove both deep and surface stains.
- Non-bleaching: contain agents that use physical or chemical action to remove only surface stains.
How can I whiten my teeth?
You can whiten your teeth in one of three ways: with over-the-counter products, professional at-home kits, and professional teeth cleaning appointments.
Available without a prescription, these contain the least amount of bleaching agents. These products come in several forms, including:
- Strips that stick to your teeth
Administered in the dental office
Dr. Byramjee uses the latest equipment to provide the fastest and most efficient whitening procedures. These options usually have higher concentrations of whitening agents that allow them to quickly and safely produce results.
While you need between three and six appointments to achieve the best results, Dr. Byramjee and her team strive to do each one promptly.
Dispensed for at home use
Dr. Byramjee can also send you home with teeth whitening kits that you administer on your own. She'll instruct you on how to place the special gel in the trays and how long to wear them.
Usually, these products are less effective than those used in her office and more potent than those purchased in supermarkets and drugstores. However, they can help you maintain the results of your in-office whitening treatments.
Regardless of the type of whitening product you use, it's essential to follow the on-label directions and inform Dr. Byramjee of any issues you might experience.
For a satisfying, comfortable way to achieve whiter teeth that lead to a self-esteem boost and younger appearance, call or make an appointment online today with Dr. Byramjee at K.B. Family Dental.